Saturday, July 7, 2012

an amazing gift


my parents presented me with this most wonderful gift today! it was a custom, hand-built fly tying cabinet that my dad had bought some years ago from an elderly fisherman in washington on one of our trips. i believe he had the thought of using it for pursuing fly tying of his own. or perhaps to house his extensive vintage fishing lure collection. mom and i both fell in love with it. she thought to use it for organizing her art supplies on top of her table, but found it to be much too large for her use. as you can see, i am only too pleased to see it next offered to me!

as you can see, i've wasted no time whatsoever in putting it to use! of course, i only have a small amount of my stitching supplies along with me...but they've all found a drawer, ledge or nook to tuck themselves into and have left plenty of room for their cousins to come join in the fun when i get back home next week.

this is going to be awesome on my design table in the studio and will be extremely useful on trips and treks where my cloth-making projects tag along...

namaste'

13 comments:

  1. All I can say is I'm envious. You've put it to perfect use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh such a fabulous gift. i, too, would be anxious to fill it with treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep....I'm envious too! What a wonderful gift from your parents. So many wonderful little drawers and places for all of your treasures.... I would have it filled in no time too.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! I'd love it too...all those little drawers and such!
    Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, that IS an amazing gift, and so so perfect for your stitchy thing, beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift and to be able to fill the draws with all your own treasures I would have to say is the icing on the cake. Enjoy for many years to come with fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. indeed an amazing gift! and how wonderful for your parents you put it to such good use straight away.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect! I have the perfect spot for it if you ever tire of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, what incredible luck!! i just love the handle and the portability of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally covetting that! Will have to start hunting for one myself! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Joe, it is perfect! Growing up my Dad made boxes like that for our camping kitchen, tent supplies, etc. But none were as gorgeous as the one you received! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cool. Functional and a thing of beauty.

    ReplyDelete