Saturday, December 25, 2010

happy holidays!



the hustle and bustle is left behind in the city. i am thankful my folks bought a house in the country as well, even if they didn't buy one in montana...  it's almost as quiet here as it is back home.  these past couple days have been spent finishing up some handmade holiday gifts and baking holiday treats.  we have made homemade marshmallows rolled in toasted coconut, turtle candies, snowflake cookies, and lots more! today is filled with baking and cooking for the big holiday supper.  after which i'm looking forward to settling down by the fire and working my way through jude hill's cloth to cloth class so i'll be ready for the advanced class next week!

i really do need to get out my digital camera when i get home, too.  i love my droid but it's photo capabilities are not the best.

meanwhile, i hope you are all celebrating your holidays with love and joy!

namaste'

6 comments:

  1. what lovely christmas decorations... and beautiful memories you are creating with your parents. it means a lot. my son is here with us as we celebrate quietly this year. its wonderful. blessings to you...namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe: Hope this is not a duplicate comment of what I "tried" to post earlier : ) just wanted to wish you and your family a happy Merry Christmas and a safe journey back to your Montana home. It's such a blessing to spend time with those we love, no matter when or what season, it makes for wonderful memories : )
    I'm enjoying your blog and your sharing, I too come by way of Jude's SpiritCloth. I'm currently doing her ClothToCloth videos and I'm lovin it !!!
    Blessings, Sandra in AZ : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, nandas. mom has four different christmas trees in the house, an antique nativity over the fireplace, and a lighted gargantuan garland over the bar. not to mention countless vignettes and wreaths and outdoor decorations. it was like entering a high class christmas shop when i came home! hahahaha

    blessings to you and yours,
    namaste'

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much, sandra! happy christmas to you and yours as well!

    i'll be posting some of the exercises i've done from the c2c vid class series over the next few days. i may even get time to work on my midwinter long cloth, too, if i'm lucky...but i know the folks have lots planned while i'm here so we'll see.

    namaste'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joe: sounds great, can't wait !!! forgot to mention in my last comment (that's why I'm checking in again) how much I LOVE your long cloth piece - I am sooo partial to treees, any size and shape and yours is just wonderful !!
    Blessings, Sandra in AZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you, sandra! that means a lot. i love trees...they have always played an important part in my work...trees and leaves and forests....

    namaste'

    ReplyDelete